Book now, Pay later! *
Book any tour now and pay on arrival, no security deposit and no payment or credit card information required.
*This is a limited time offer
Explore Bucharest in 1 day for 29€ **
With a population of 2 milion people, known for its wide, tree-lined boulevards, Bucharest is Romania's largest city and capital, a bustling metropolis that never rest, a city that can be enjoyed fully for at least 8 months a year. Perfect for active families, friends, bachelor/bachelorette groups or small incentive groups.
Experience Bucharest and its surrounding must-see areas on this 1-day private tour with an expert guide. We will start with a refreshing sightseeing, after we tick the most important landmarks of the city. We end the day tasting the goodness of the Romanian cuisine.
1. The grand tour starts with The Palace of Parliament. Guinness Book registers this place as the second largest building in the World, after the Pentagon – with a floor area of 330,000 sqm – and the third in the world as volume, with 2,550,000 m3.
2. After the Palace guided tour, we will visit and relax a little in the Cismigiu Gardens, one of the most beautiful parks in this city, located opposite the City Hall and adjacent to one of the most beautiful boulevards- Queen Elizabeth.
3. Discover Ceausescu Residence, also known as Primaverii Palace, the private residence of late dictator Nicolae Ceausescu! Nicolae Ceausescu is one of the most famous figures in Romania’s history. He was the last dictator in the communist Romania, being the country’s president between 1965 and 1989.
4. Explore the life of Romanian peasants at Village Museum, one of the world's most interesting ethnographical parks in open air, founded in 1936. Located right within the city center, near Herastrau Park, the you'll feel like stepping back in time. Here you can see 50 complete homesteads, churches, windmills and even sunken houses from rural Romania.
5. At the end of the day, you will get to know another wonderful place - The Old Town - the most popular area of the city. Known to most locals as "Centru Vechi", the area is more or less all that’s left of pre-World War II. What the war didn’t destroy (and it destroyed a fair bit: allied bombing was fierce during the early part of 1944) communism did.
Enjoy this mix of history, local culture and life style, a trendy entertainment district so much filled with old churches, inns, bars, pubs and merchant streets.
Nothing nicer after such a lovely day than dining in a refined Romanian restaurant. We'll take you there!
During the day, as we head to the attractions mentioned above, will pass by:
-The Arch of Triumph, a 27 m high monument, inaugurated on 1st December 1936, which celebrates the union of Romanian provinces.
-Then comes a stop in Revolution Square. It is surrounded by emblematic buildings such as: The Romanian Athaeneum and The National Museum of Art.
-Another short stop will be at University Square, a symbolic place in the history of Romania and the most central point of the city. Here we see the National Theater.
-Two more emblematic places on the capital's map are: Unirii Square which hosts The Patriarchal Cathedral - the majestic centre of the Romanian Orthodox faith and Victoria Avenue, known as Calea Victoriei, one of the oldest streets and certainly the most well-known. It includes many major old buildings that have survived two World Wars and the Communist fury of the 80s.
You have already fallen in love with this city? Would you like to see more of Romania in a relaxed way? Check out our Getaway Tours!
This is a Getway Tour which means you pay at enrollment 0% deposit from the total price and the difference at arrival. To find more information about Getway Tours visit here.
|Price / pers.||157||104||77||60||49||41||35|
|No. pers.||Price / pers.||Total group|
|Flexibility to change booking|
|Flexibility to change persons|
|Free photo album|
Make reservation at least 1 month before the tour and get a 15% discount!
For other languages than English please let us know, and additional cost may apply.
For more than 8 people you get a special price, please fill in the order form and let us know.
* Please note that the tour must be arranged at least 7 days in advance.
**The price is for a group of 8 people if reservation is made at least 1 month prior to arrival.