The legacy of a great byzantine family
Cantacuzino Castle is part of the impressive cultural and material legacy of the Cantacuzino family whose origins go back to the Byzantine Empire. Monumental and opulent, the castle is the reflection of the taste and abmitions of its owner, Grigore Cantacuzino, the richest man in Romania in his time
Situated on Zamora Street in Bușteni, the building whose construction was completed in 1911, was conducted by the architect Gregory Cerchez at the request of Prince George Grigore Cantacuzino. It is built in Neo-Romanian style; the total surface of the estate is over 3,000 square meters.
The castle belonged to the Cantacuzino family until the forced nationalization of 1948, when it became a preventoriumrium for the Ministry of Internal Affair. During the communist period, the original furniture was removed and a part of the interior walls were painted over. After 1989, the castle was returned to Cantacuzino descendants, who sold it to private investors in 2004.